Preview of the United Arab Emirates
- After suffering consecutive losses, the United Arab Emirates hopes to make a statement in this match.
- Chundangapoyil Rizwan, Mohammad Waseem, Junaid Siddique, V Aravind, Aayan Afzal Khan, and Chirag Suri will be counted on to do most of the damage with the bat.
- The United Arab Emirates’ recent encounter saw them bowled out for 73 runs after a slow start to their innings.
- Karthik Meiyappan, Kashif Daud, Zahoor Khan, Junaid Siddique, and Afzal Khan will be counted on to provide crucial breakthroughs with the ball for the team.
- When Karthik Meiyappan took a hat trick in the previous game, he made history as the first bowler from the United Arab Emirates to do so in a Twenty20 World Cup. He did a good job with the ball, taking four wickets for 19 runs off his four overs.
Overview of Namibia
- Namibia will start the same starting lineup they used in their previous match, which they lost as reported by The Australia Time.
- As for the batting, it will be up to players like Michael Van Lingen, Stephan Baard, Gerhard Erasmus, Jan Nicol Loftie Eaton, Jan Frylinck, JJ Smit, and David Wiese to help Namibia put up a respectable score.
- Jan Frylinck batted brilliantly for Namibia in the previous encounter, finishing with the highest score of 43 runs off 48 balls, with the help of one four and one six.
- Michael Van Lingen, Stephan Baard, and Gerhard Erasmus backed him up nicely, contributing scores of 20, 19, and 16, respectively.
- Team success with the ball will rely on bowlers like Bernard Schultz, David Wiese, Gerhard Erasmus, JJ Smit, and Jan Frylinck.
Field Report: Namibia vs. UAE
Geelong’s Simonds Stadium: So far, at Simonds Stadium, Geelong, four matches have been played, with two victories for the team batting first and two victories for the team batting second. This pitch saw a high of 163 for Namibia against Sri Lanka and a low of 73 for the United Arab Emirates.
Prediction for Namibia vs. the UAE
Prediction In a dream, number eleven. Playing 11 is simple if you are familiar with Fantasy League guidelines.
Squad of Namibia
- Divan la Cock
- Michael van Lingen
- Jan Nicole Loftie-Eaton
- Stephen Baard
- Gerhard Erasmus
- JJ Smit
- David Wiese
- Jan Frylick
- Zane Green
- Bernard Scholtz
- Ben Shikongo
Squad of United Arab Emirates:
- Waseem Muhammad
- Chirag Suri
- Aryan Lakra
- CP Rizwan (c)
- Vritya Aravind (wk)
- Basil Hameed
- Kashif Daud
- Aayan Khan
- Karthik Meiyappan
- Zahoor Khan
- Junaid Siddique